Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uniden GNS8350

Hello
    Does anyone know how to upgrade the maps on a Uniden GNS 8350 please? Is there any way to install other software/maps on this device.
    any help appreciated
    thanks
    S

Re: Uniden GNS8350

I run a gns8350 with igo8. Huge improvement. The GNS8350 is just a wince 4.2 device that will run a PNA version of igo.

start here You will need a different wince explorer as the one they recommend didn't work for me.

Install igo8 on a blank SD card

I had previously posted instructions on how to set this up on this site but it appears to have been deleted.
    Last edited by dmitsch; 7th July 2010, 12:23.

Comment

hi and thanks for that reply...I had already found a link to the page you sent me and have download idtree and renamed this to mobilenavigator.exe and tried to boot and start navi but i get an error mobile navaigator is not a valid windows ce application.....so i am guess i need to find something else other than idtree....any chance you can send me the instructions you had for this please? appreciate your help....

Comment

Here's a copy of my SD card. It should work out of the box but needs maps, voices etc.

It also has a mortscript file that will redirect mobilenavigator.exe to the igo8.exe file on the sd card.
        Attached Files

Comment

thanks so much....very helpful...i am downloading now...specifically what maps do i need to download version wise - just any igo maps for australia?
          cheers again!

Comment

I just used the sensis maps.

Also worth putting this on BTW -- GPS is channel 5 and 9600 baud. This needs to be set in the igo8 gps settings

Comment

thanks a lot for your help...much appreciated once again....got this working with aust 2008.Q3 maps right now....will see if i can find some newer maps...but at least its working

Comment

Hi.....am having some issues getting the unit to announce street names

have this under TTS in sys.txt

[tts]
                tts_buffer=131072
                tts_logics=3
                priority="HIGH"
                always_say_road_names=1
                announce_street_name=1
                announce_exit_directions=1
                skip_exit_numbers=0

under regional settings i have voice profile english UK Simon TTS v1.0

there is no voice at all just beeps....

i did get the voice working ok with Voice_TTS-loq-Eng-us-f1 file but its still not announcing street names

any help mucho appreciated

thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by dmitsch View Post
                  Here's a copy of my SD card. It should work out of the box but needs maps, voices etc.

It also has a mortscript file that will redirect mobilenavigator.exe to the igo8.exe file on the sd card.
                  Hey. i chucked that onto a 512 sd card and tryd it in my uniden gns8350 but when i try to go on to navi it wont work. am i doing something wrong ?

Comment

What does it do?

Comment

Not sure I'm afraid. tts works for me using the modified config files I included. You could always try a new install of IGO8. Mortscript will redirect to the igo8 folder.

Comment

I'm about to try this on a GSN8361 (New Zealand market model) - will post how i get on -

Uniden Au/NZ seem to have stopped any support, and don't care about their customers

Comment

i downloaded the file dmitsch posted and copied it across to a blank memory card
                          but when i press the nav button nothing happens and nothing opens
                          the nav option then just grays out and i cant repress it

Comment

Hi all

Have been trying to download attachment from post #4 but just defaults to a blank page. Can someone re-post the attachment?

Many thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by dmitsch View Post

Hi Mate is it possible to upload this attachmanet again please.

Thanks

Behram

Comment

Working...
                              X