The owner is retiring, its time to let go of this awesome community to someone else who can continue the journey. This forum is for sale ( vBulletin license and domain name), The forum generates income from marketing, adsense, and membership. please send your REASONABLE offer to ibro0079@gmail.com if you are interested in buying it.

Announcement

Collapse

For Sale

The owner is retiring, its time to let go of this awesome community to someone else who can continue the journey. This forum is for sale ( vBulletin license and domain name). Please send your REASONABLE offer to ibro0079@gmail.com if you are interested in buying it. The forum generates income from marketing,
adsense, and membership

See more
See less

GpsGate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GpsGate

I have a Viliv S5 running Garmin Mobile PC. The Viliv has a built-in GPS receiver and Garmin Mobile PC easily detects it and connects. I have tried running iGo8 (with WindowsCE emulator) on the Viliv but the receiver is not detected. Do I need to run something like GpsGate when more than one navigation programs are installed?

Re: GpsGate

Originally posted by a390st View Post
    I have a Viliv S5 running Garmin Mobile PC. The Viliv has a built-in GPS receiver and Garmin Mobile PC easily detects it and connects. I have tried running iGo8 (with WindowsCE emulator) on the Viliv but the receiver is not detected. Do I need to run something like GpsGate when more than one navigation programs are installed?
    Probably you need something like gpsgate/gpsplex(specially designed for handling simultaneous connection of different gps apps to same gps port): as far as I know there are some compatibility problems between gps apps(ie garmin vs igo8) while using same gps port.

Comment

Originally posted by bib*oops View Post
      Probably you need something like gpsgate/gpsplex(specially designed for handling simultaneous connection of different gps apps to same gps port): as far as I know there are some compatibility problems between gps apps(ie garmin vs igo8) while using same gps port.
      Thanks for responding. I will not be using the two programs at the same time. Do I still need something?

Comment

Hi there,
        I got a similar problem with trying to run Garmin on my MIO MOOV 500. I can not figure out how to connect the COM2 (used by MioMap) port to Garmin, even not with the use of port splitter. Is there a Garmin (mscr, ini, system) file where I can direct Garmin to COM2 with baud 57600 ? Or is there a way to get Garmin to make an autodect for the right port, just like TomTom and iGo do ?
        Regards, Ton
        Mio Moov Spirit 500 unlocked - iGO Primo 2.4 ( 9.6.13.267029 - November 2012 ) + TMC

Comment

Originally posted by a390st View Post
          Thanks for responding. I will not be using the two programs at the same time. Do I still need something?
          Even so I believe you still need gpsgate or simillar.

Comment

Originally posted by AHMHeeren View Post
            Hi there,
            I got a similar problem with trying to run Garmin on my MIO MOOV 500. I can not figure out how to connect the COM2 (used by MioMap) port to Garmin, even not with the use of port splitter. Is there a Garmin (mscr, ini, system) file where I can direct Garmin to COM2 with baud 57600 ? Or is there a way to get Garmin to make an autodect for the right port, just like TomTom and iGo do ?
            Regards, Ton
            If you have both apps installed(garmin &miomap), I believe you'll need gpsgate or simillar.
            If not, try this:
            1.soft-reset
            2. run garmin (xt probably?)
            3. go settings/system/remote gps/gps info
            4. prefferrable in open air you should get gps signal after a while(a few minutes)
            Let me know about your progress(or not)!

Comment

Working...
            X