GpsGate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GpsGate

I have a Viliv S5 running Garmin Mobile PC. The Viliv has a built-in GPS receiver and Garmin Mobile PC easily detects it and connects. I have tried running iGo8 (with WindowsCE emulator) on the Viliv but the receiver is not detected. Do I need to run something like GpsGate when more than one navigation programs are installed?

Re: GpsGate

Originally posted by a390st View Post
    I have a Viliv S5 running Garmin Mobile PC. The Viliv has a built-in GPS receiver and Garmin Mobile PC easily detects it and connects. I have tried running iGo8 (with WindowsCE emulator) on the Viliv but the receiver is not detected. Do I need to run something like GpsGate when more than one navigation programs are installed?
    Probably you need something like gpsgate/gpsplex(specially designed for handling simultaneous connection of different gps apps to same gps port): as far as I know there are some compatibility problems between gps apps(ie garmin vs igo8) while using same gps port.

Comment

Originally posted by bib*oops View Post
      Probably you need something like gpsgate/gpsplex(specially designed for handling simultaneous connection of different gps apps to same gps port): as far as I know there are some compatibility problems between gps apps(ie garmin vs igo8) while using same gps port.
      Thanks for responding. I will not be using the two programs at the same time. Do I still need something?

Comment

Hi there,
        I got a similar problem with trying to run Garmin on my MIO MOOV 500. I can not figure out how to connect the COM2 (used by MioMap) port to Garmin, even not with the use of port splitter. Is there a Garmin (mscr, ini, system) file where I can direct Garmin to COM2 with baud 57600 ? Or is there a way to get Garmin to make an autodect for the right port, just like TomTom and iGo do ?
        Regards, Ton
        Mio Moov Spirit 500 unlocked - iGO Primo 2.4 ( 9.6.13.267029 - November 2012 ) + TMC

Comment

Originally posted by a390st View Post
          Thanks for responding. I will not be using the two programs at the same time. Do I still need something?
          Even so I believe you still need gpsgate or simillar.

Comment

Originally posted by AHMHeeren View Post
            Hi there,
            I got a similar problem with trying to run Garmin on my MIO MOOV 500. I can not figure out how to connect the COM2 (used by MioMap) port to Garmin, even not with the use of port splitter. Is there a Garmin (mscr, ini, system) file where I can direct Garmin to COM2 with baud 57600 ? Or is there a way to get Garmin to make an autodect for the right port, just like TomTom and iGo do ?
            Regards, Ton
            If you have both apps installed(garmin &miomap), I believe you'll need gpsgate or simillar.
            If not, try this:
            1.soft-reset
            2. run garmin (xt probably?)
            3. go settings/system/remote gps/gps info
            4. prefferrable in open air you should get gps signal after a while(a few minutes)
            Let me know about your progress(or not)!

Comment

Working...
            X