Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What NAVI soft is better?

Hello!
    I have bought the Chinese unit with DVD, NAVI etc. but yet I do not know what better to put there the navigating program. I already have put there Route 66 but it is not pleasant to me. Prompt what, from similar, the best and convenient. Many thanks.
    TomTom GPS Systems
    25.28%
    Route66
    0.28%
    iGO GPS Systems
    48.60%
    Garmin GPS Systems
    20.22%
    Navigon GPS Systems
    5.62%

Re: What NAVI soft is better?

Originally posted by Freeway View Post
    Hello!
    I have bought the Chinese unit with DVD, NAVI etc. but yet I do not know what better to put there the navigating program. I already have put there Route 66 but it is not pleasant to me. Prompt what, from similar, the best and convenient. Many thanks.
    I have fitted a number of these type of ican units for people plus my own vehicle and find you cant beat puting igo8 on it

Comment

For the States = TomTom

EU = ?

Comment

Would be Tomtom for me. On the Phone also using Garmin - both do their job and I always get where I want.

In a long and huge test they made here they've proven the system to avoid traffic jams aren't pretty good - then you've the traffic jam at the other route

Maybe more personal choice at all

Comment

Originally posted by ChillyCat View Post
          For the States = TomTom

EU = ?
          East Asia = Garmin & Papago
          Click "Like" or "Thanks" to show your appreciation rather than post "Thanks"...

Comment

The answer will most likely be different for most people. Just your location alone can make a huge difference as some platforms offer much better coverage in some areas compared to others ,also, some platforms may offer greater flexibility but will require more ability to actually operate them effectively. For the UK I ,personally, find Tomtom hard to beat even when Igo has so much flexibility and eye candy....I just wish there was a Truck orientated platform suitable for the UK that would work on a winmo device!

Comment

SatGuide GPS and Navigation offers Franchisee Opportunities to Individuals. The earning potential through this is a minimum of Rs. 20,000/- per month! This is the Procedure - Invest Rs15,000/-, become a SatNav Business Partner, get a demo device, a device for ****, 2 navigation software cds for **** and a sales kit!! This is surely a road map to better earnings!! You may call 9500007144 or e-mail satnav@cmoaxis.com or register here - for more details!

Comment

Hey there, I find the Garmin to be great stuff.

Comment

Well, thanks for opinions, but personally wandering about as what to do with my MyGuide 4228 and what system I should try on it.
                  Had quite a bit of good and bad experiences with SatNav and so far TeleAtlas has been worse 'st, and TomTom best'est

Comment

Ugh, TeleAtlas=Map provider; TomTom=Software Developer...
                    Visual Unlock Mio * Visual Unlock Becker * If you like my work, DONATE
                    __________________________________________________ ________________
                    iGo8 * Amigo * Primo * Destinator * MioMap * PolNav * NDrive * Navigon * R66
                    Mireo * Sygic * Gamba * MobileNav 9 * Spirit * AutoMapa * Garmin * TomTom

Comment

So Tom Tom wins again !!

Comment

iGo is the easiest to get to run on China sat navs - have setup 3 until now, they work like a charm

Comment

TOMTOM works very well in Portugal.

Also CoPilot on the phones and NavTec on the Car are good here, although the NavTec guys didn't yet found the street I live for 7 years now ;-(

Comment

The Maps and the navigation software are two distinctly different entities. Many Nav apps (ie IGO) can use either Navteq or TeleAtlas maps.

With regard to your street you can report the map deficiency to Navteq at NAVTEQ Map Reporter.

Comment

I like tom tom still use a screen mounted one even though i have car pc. wish i could run it on my pc but i have in the car but have not got a clue if could be done and how to do it

Comment

Working...
                              X